Grow-Genius – 40% Mono Silicic Acid 10ml
Faster, stronger growth and resistance to pests and pathogens:
silicon does it all… Ultra fast acting silicon nutrient – for all plants in all settings
Scientifically proven effects (1):
Increased strength, growth rates and yield. Increased root mass, leaf size and brix content.
Improved resistance to pests, disease and environmental stress: read the evidence here.
Supporting natural plant growth and defences, and by improving nutrient and water usage.
0.3ml/10L weekly in solution and 0.5ml/L as a fortnightly foliar spray.
- Increases yield per unit input and can reduce or eliminate the need for fungicides and pesticides.
- Extremely concentrated formulation dramatically reduces shipping weight, volume and packaging.
- Grow-Genius mono-silicic is made in the UK with silicon from Scotland, minimising product miles.
- GG mono is readily biodegradable: 95 % over 28 days (method: OECD Test Guideline 301F).
- 10ml (makes 333L of solution / 20L foliar).
- 100ml (makes 3,333L of solution / 200L foliar).
- 250ml (makes 8,333L of solution / 500L foliar).
(1)Scientific evaluation of stabilised mono-silicic acid:
The beneficial effect of stabilised mono-silicic acid on a variety of crops has been established for over a decade. You can read an excellent evaluation of the various types of silicon available to gardeners here, or jump straight to the summary table here.
NB: Grow-Genius mono uses new ethanol based technology that overcomes the concentration limitations that applied to the older stabilised monsilicics in the study.
For strength and yield increases, faster growth and stress resistance:
- Apply weekly at 0.3 ml per 10L of water or nutrient solution.
- Hand water or apply via irrigation system.
- Use from seed germination or cutting propagation to a few weeks before harvest.
To build defence against pests, mould and other fungal pathogens:
- Apply fortnightly as a foliar spray at 0.5ml per litre of water.
- With fruits and vegetables use from germination / propagation to just before harvest.
- On species with dense or compact flowers, stop foliar application at early flowering, especially indoors. or in cold or damp weather.
- Don’t spray under full lights or in strong sun.
- GG Mono will kill mites on contact – if you are using beneficial predators, apply via roots only.
- Bee kind: if polinators are around, apply via roots only to avoid any possible harm.
Grow Genius mono-silicic acid is not an organic product, but it is compatible with mycorrhizae and bacteria friendly growing techniques at the application rates we recommend. Silicon is not harmful to most beneficial microorganisms and low levels of ethanols are digestible by many soil borne bacteria and fungi. But above all, because our mono-silicic is so concentrated, net addition of product to the soil is tiny: just 0.03ml/L in solution. This is the benefit of treating trace elements as they should be: like vitamins, not food. Mono-silicic (also known as Orthosilicic / monosilicic acid) has powerful effects at very small dosages meaning less chemical inputs and better outcomes for your plants.